Sunday, May 10, 2009

Produce Bags


Something new I've just added to my Etsy store is produce bags. These lightweight hemp muslin bags add very little weight to the total of your produce. A ten by twelve bag only weighs one ounce. In some markets you can even take your bags to the customer service counter and have them weighed and marked with the weight. Then when you go to cashout, the clerk deducts the weight of your bag from the weight of the produce so you aren't charged for it at all.

The set I have listed includes a 10 by 12 bag and a 8.5 by 9.5 bag made out of hemp muslin and closed with a cotton draw string. But I am willing to custom make whatever size bag you would like to have. I hand braid the cotton draw string cord for added strength. What a great way to save on throw away plastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment