Friday, September 25, 2009

Almost Done

I had my fifth chemo session today. Three weeks from today I will have my last. I am so tired tonight. But it's almost over. After all these weeks there is an end in sight. The cycles of feeling fine to hurting all over to be totally exhausted to feeling okay again are very wearing. But it's almost over. It's hard to believe that I won't be running to the doctor all the time. I won't have toxic chemicals draining all the good blood from my body. I won't have to have transfusions every few weeks. Cancer really does end. YEAH!!!!!

I go back in two weeks to have my blood levels drawn. The doctor is already expecting that I will need another transfusion that day. Then a week later, if my levels are high enough, I will have my last treatment. She is expecting that when I go in two weeks later my blood levels will be low enough to need another transfusion. But after that chemo will be finished. I will have to go in every four to six months for a cat scan to make sure the cancer stays gone.

We are planning a vacation in November. It's sort of a combination of "I'm cancer free." "No more doctor's appointments." and "We deserve a vacation." We are going to Florida. The guys will try to catch a space shuttle launch. We will be in Florida five days after the launch is scheduled so if it gets postponed a day or two they will still be bale to see it. Other than that we are going on a two hour cruise to see manatee, aligators, and birds. Maybe even dolphins. We will spend a few hours relaxing on the beach and lots of time in the hotel hot tub. I even bought a swim suit for this event.

So I am beginning to see the future again. I can make plans. Life is good. I'm glad I have one.

No comments:

Post a Comment