Friday, September 24, 2010

Busy, Busy, Busy

I love homeschooling. I really do. But some days it just doesn't feel like I have a minute to myself. I'm busy from the time I get up until I go to bed. Often even after I'm in bed at night I lay there thinking about what I have to do the next week or the next day.

How I long for the days of long ago when my husband and I would go sit in the bookstore for hours. I have read entire books while sitting at Barnes and Noble sipping coffee and relaxing. Now when I go to the bookstore it's, "read me this book" or "I want to go play with the train." Mind you, he is much to old to be playing at the train station at the bookstore. Most of the others who are playing there are barely two. How nice it would be to go out with my friends and drink coffee and chat about the newest book or the latest magazine article. Well this week I have discovered something that will help meet that need, A Cyber Book Club. Imagine that. A book club where I don't have to leave home. I don't have to fight traffic to get to the bookstore. I don't even have to find a sitter. Just wait until the littles are in bed for the night. Then grab a nice mellow cup of tea. And log on to the Cyber Book Club. You don't have to fit into someone else's schedule or anything. Anyone can join and participate. You can log on any time, read the comments from others, leave some comments of your own. Relax and enjoy. What could be more easy?

Oh I know, a Cyber Support Group for Parents. Guess what? They have that as well. An online support group for parents. There are groups for every state as well as groups for different topics such as military families, or special needs families, even grade specific groups.

Wow! Support Groups. Book Club. I'm ready to join. How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment