Sunday, January 2, 2011


I just read a wonderful post by my friend Tree, about reflecting over last year. So I thought that was a great idea. I opened my blog and started to write.

January, CRS (Can't Remember Shit.) February, Car died and had to buy another one.CRS. March, CRS. April, CRS. May, MIL passed away. June, CRS. July, Dakota turned 8. August, CRS. September, I turned 60. October, CRS. November, CRS. December, It's over. Let the New Year begin.

Well, I think there was a bit more to the year than that. After not being very involved with the homeschool community for most of the summer and fall of 2009. I looked forward in January to beginning to venture out again. I was starting to feel better and I even had a tiny amount of hair again. Okay, not hair, but fuzz. You could feel the fuzz on my nekid head. We had play dates with a couple of friends. We went to a play, visited a pet store, went to Beczak Environmental Center.

February was cold. But we still went out to Beczak, the Challenger Center, and the Art Museum. We went to the homeschool Geography Fair on the 26. Dakota did his display on Guatemala. Everyone loved all of the things we have from there.

We had a snowstorm in the middle of the month that kept us in for a few days. We had to say goodbye to my beloved car, Lillie. We bought another car, but we couldn't bring it home for several days due to the snow storm. Jeremiah is a Mazda Protege. He even has a stuffed tye dyed frog in the back window. (Jeremiah was a bullfrog...)

March the weather was finally getting warmer. We had a major rainstorm with wind and hail that left us without electricity for several days. My husband was out of town so it was just Dakota and I. We lost all of the food in the refrigerator and freezer. We still made it out to several events at the Tenefly Nature Center, Beczak, and even Chuck E. Cheese. Dakota finished 2nd grade language on March 29.

April came with a flurry of new activities. We went on a Trip to Mars at the Challenger Center. And we saw Mammothe Follies at teh Mayo Center For The Arts. Soccer started in April as well. Rocket launches started for the year.

May was a sad month for us as my Mother-In-Law passed away. She fought a short battle with lung cancer and passed a few days before Mother's Day. We saw the movie Oceans and we went to Montclair Art Museum for the monthly homeschool class.

June arrived in a rush of heat. No Spring here, just winter to hot hot summer. We continued monthly classes at Beczak Environmental Center, Tenefly Nature Center, Historic Speedwell, and Montclair Art Museum. We also added weekly park days at Brookdale Park.
Digging For Treasure at Historic Speedwell.

July was Dakota's 8th birthday. He decided that this year he wanted to go to Medieval Times instead of having a birthday party. He also wanted to get gift cards from instead of presents. So we went to Medieval Times with Gov, Aunt Nancy, Uncle Gary, and his two cousins as well as mom and dad. He collected enough gift cards to purchase an Nintendo DS and a few games.

In August we started back to school. Bob and Dakota went on their annual trip to New Haampshire in the beginning of the month.

September came and I turned 60. This really makes me feel old. The rest of the month was pretty uneventful.

In October Fall Soccer started. Dakota played for the town of Leonia as well as Homeschool Soccer. Bob wreaked his car in October. We ended up buying two cars this year. Unfortunately he hit an off duty cop. We ended up paying pretty heavy fines for the accident. We learned how Apple Cider is made at Cooper's Grist Mill. And we learned about hand dipped candles made on an open fire there as well. We attended the homeschool craft fair.

November held the closing ceremonies for soccer. We continue with our monthly classes. We had Thanksgiving dinner at home with just one friend over. In November Dakota decided to give his greatest gift. He gave 14 inches of his hair to make a wig for a little boy or girl who didn't have any hair.

December was a whirl of parties and baking and decorating. The month went by so fast that I barely remember it. We went to a friend's house for the afternoon of the Solstice. Dakota got to help light the Yule Log on fire. He loved that. Then we came home to see what Father Winter had put in our stockings and to open presents. We had Christmas Eve dinner at Gov's house. He cooked dinner for the whole family. Then on Christmas Day we had dinner at our house. We spent a great deal of time talking about Grandma and how much we missed her. Especially Gov. (My Father-In-Law.) This was a really hard holiday for him.

We spent New Year's Eve with my Sister-In-Law and her family and my Father-In-Law. It was a quiet evening with lots of good food and lots of Wii. At midnight we toasted the new year with a glass of champagne and confetti poppers. Then we jumped in the car to hurry home before all the drunks got on the road.

That pretty much sums up 2010 for us. May 2011 be a wonderful year for all of us. May your greatest dreams come true this year.


  1. Your first summary sounds about like what i would say -- it goes so fast it is hard to remember details.

    It sounds like you had a full year, with ups, downs, and general life. May your 2011 bring you blessings and joy.

  2. I am glad that you COULD-RS, hahaha! Sounds like you had a really full year! Hope 2011 is great!!!

  3. Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and leaving an encouraging comment on my post about my special needs son and church. That meant a lot. I really like your blog! The hippie vibe rocks! :)