Saturday, December 26, 2009

Thank Goddess That Crap Is Over Day

I was on Facebook this morning and saw that a friend of mine had posted that it was Thank god that crap is over day. So I changed it a bit to make it ore fitting for me. But isn't it true. We spend weeks worrying about whether or not we bought the right gift for each person on our list. Did I spend enough money? Did I spend more for that person than I did for this person? Is she gonna like it? Will it fit? We torture ourselves. Then we go to the holiday gatherings, often with people we don't like or at least cant tolerate for long periods of time. Then we worry about the food. Does it taste good? Will everyone like it? How will I get it there without it falling apart?

I was so careful when I bagged up my pies. I put the pumpkin pie on the bottom of the bag. Then I put a piece of cardboard on top of it. Then I put a chocolate cream pie on top of that. I was so afraid that the chocolate cream pie would get smashed. Well it made it just fine. But the cardboard slipped and the side of the pumpkin was smashed. Then I forgot to buy whipped cream for the pumpkin pie and of course nothing was open to buy it on Christmas day. And no one wants to eat pie with no whipped cream.

As far as gifts, I bought my MIL a really nice coffee maker. You can make two pots at once. She usually makes a pot of regular coffee and then when its done she makes a pot of decaf for everyone who doesn't drink real coffee. I thought this would be the perfect thing for her. She could make both at once. Well, she plugged the thing in and immediately blew a fuse. She finally got that straightened out and discovered that there were no filters in the box. We don't use filters in our coffee maker so I didn't even think about them. Besides that, who ever heard of a coffee maker that didn't have at least one or two filters in the box. And of course it didn't take the same kind of filters as her old pot did. So she had to make a pot of regular coffee and then when we were finished with it she made a pot of decaf for the others to enjoy.

Everyone seemed to have a good time. After dinner the BIL went in the bedroom to work on his daughter's dot to dot book. My MIL and DH's Uncle played cards in the dining room. DH and his sister watched Christmas Vacation for I don't know how many times. And my FIL did the dishes.

Tonight we are having a party with friends. It is our Thank the Goddess That Crap Is Over Day Party.

Blessings,
Kathi

No comments:

Post a Comment