Sunday, November 29, 2009

Arlo Guthrie

This afternoon we went to an Arlo Guthrie concert. My husband bought the tickets for me for my birthday a few months ago. I've been looking forward to going ever since. So today the day finally came. The concert was wonderful. Sarah Lee and Johnny opened the concert. Then the other Guthrie kids came out on stage. Finally Arlo himself. Soon after the grandchildren started coming out. At one point all four Guthrie kids and seven Guthrie grandbabies were on stage. They did a lot of Woodie's music. Arlo recited "Mooses Come Walking" which is one of my favorite kid's books. The only songs that you expect to hear at an Arlo concert that they did were, "Comin' Into Los Angeles," "Riding on the City of New Orleans," and "This Land Is Your Land." Just about everything else was from Woody's history.

I loved the concert. I loved seeing all the kids on stage. Even the 2 year olds were singing. Wonderful birthday gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment