Friday, October 1, 2010

Handwriting of a Doctor

My son says he wants to be an astronaut when he grows up. Personally I think he's more likely to be a doctor. You know what they say about doctor's and their horrible handwriting. Well, Dakota certainly has the handwriting for it. I think his is the worst handwriting I have ever seen for an 8 year old. I know he does most of his work online so he doesn't get a lot of practice with his actual writing skills. I have started trying to find resources to help him improve his handwriting skills. The other day I found some printable handwriting worksheets. I can even type in his spelling words and have them printed out as a worksheet. Whether you are working on compound words or contractions, geography words or even abbreviations, there is a worksheet for you on this site. Check it out and let me know what you think.

While checking for handwriting practice I also came across ways to improve keyboarding skills. Try as hard as I can I just can't beat NumPad Kennys. Oh wait, I forgot, these are supposed to be for kids not for grown ups. Gee I want to be a kid again so I can play all these cool games.

So we are working hard to improve writing skills this week, whether they be handwriting or keyboarding. Maybe by the time he's 18 his writing will be more like an astronaut than like a doctor.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for these links! Sequoia has really bad handwriting also and we are always looking for ways to help practice. i'm going to check out the keyboarding skills for myself. i still do the one finger punch. lol. i just never learned to type.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post reminds me of a long time ago when in school we used to have a subject (with proper lectures - although I don’t remember about the exams: P) called " Handwriting expert improvement". It sounds quite a funny but helpful course now :) Forgery expert

    ReplyDelete