Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Homeschooling In New Jersey

I have to say that I love homeschooling. I especially love homeschooling in New Jersey. My daughter is a homeschooling mom in Iowa. When she tells me about all the hoops she has to jump through to meet the requirements of her state, it makes me happy all over again that I live in New Jersey. Each state has different laws that you have to follow to legally homeschool your child. Some are very strict. Others, like New Jersey have no laws at all. If you are new to homeschooling you might want to read a quick overview of homeschooling in New Jersey.

There are so many resources out there for homeschoolers. Whether you want to play video games or do a lap book or unit studies, you can find resources online for it. Lately I have been wanting to do more work learning about the individual states. I was reading a blog the other day where they are putting together a notebook for the states. They had a picture of the state bird, a map of the state, the state flower, and lots of other great information about each state. I thought this sounded like a great project that we might work on in the future. For now, I thought it would be great to play games about New Jersey to get to know more about the state we live in. One site I found had a puzzle to put together online. They also have a memory game, a word search, a game about state symbols, and a lot more. I think we will spend some time working on these games over the next few days. Then if he likes it we will work on putting that notebook together. I think that sounds like a plan.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Kathi! I'm a NJ homeschooling mom and I'm so thankful we have the freedom we do - especially with the no testing. Why put that kind of pressure on a kid?? Good to "meet" you.

    ReplyDelete